What is bouldering?
Bouldering is a style of climbing free from the use of ropes. Taking place above our state of the art matting, climbers are free to express themselves on hundreds of climbs (called problems) of every standard. Regardless of your level of fitness - everyone can enjoy bouldering and it's a superb way to keep fit in a social environment.
Here at the Depot we cater for all ages and fitness levels. We have an expert team of friendly instructors who can get you started in under an hour with one of our inductions, or, can help you progress through the climbing grades on one of our coaching courses!
Induction sessions are available to all new climbers, ensuring you start climbing in a safe and considered manner. Our instructors will take you through all of the basics helping you gain the confidence and skills to climb at the Depot independently. Session time is 1 hour. Please register ahead of your visit.
- all equipment hire (climbing shoes, and harness for auto belay instruction)
- full instruction for 1 hour
- time to continue climbing at the end of your session
- Annual Membership to the wall (12 months of discounted Member entry prices to the wall)
These sessions need to be booked in advance. To book call 0161 848 9495 or use the buttons below:
Weekday Inductions: (Adults) Mon 8pm / Tues 7pm / Thurs 7pm / Fri 6pm
Weekend Inductions: (Age 7-13 years) Sat 12pm / Sun 12pm
Weekend Inductions: (14+ & Adults) Sat 1pm / Sun 1pm
If you've just completed an induction and aren't sure what to do next, our Adult Improvers Course is perfect for you.
If you've completed the Adult Improvers Course, or just want to progress from climbing Blues & Blacks (v2-4) then our Adult Intermediates Course is the next step!
If you don't fancy a group course, or require bespoke coaching to help you push your grade, our 1:1 coaching course is designed around, and for, your needs.
Registering at The Depot Manchester
The Depot Manchester uses a database system called Rock Gym Pro. This system enables us to check everyone in more efficiently and ultimately increase your time on the wall. It allows customers to use all Depot centres with only one membership card.
All climbing centre participants are currently required to complete and sign a paper form prior to climbing at The Depot. Rock Gym Pro enables our customers to complete a paperless digital waiver either online prior to attending or at reception. Customer information is seamlessly transferred to the Rock Gym Pro software.
This can be done on an iPad at the centre or online at the links below (we recommend completing the form prior to attending the centre).
Exisiting Depot Customers: due to the addition of Auto Belays in Manchester if you have completed a digital waiver in Leeds or Nottingham and wish to use the Auto Belays you will need to complete an updated waiver either online or at any site. Waivers must also be re-completed annually.
- All forms must be completed by an adult. If you are Under 18 a parent or guardian must complete it for you.
- Unsupervised climbers will be required to do an assessment when you arrive for your first visit if you have not been previously signed off at another Depot site.
- Over 14s who wish to be signed off to climb unsupervised must have a parent present for their assessment.
- BEFORE FILLING OUT A WAIVER PLEASE FULLY READ THE CONDITIONS OF USE HERE.
Around the Depot
- Groups & PartiesWe offer courses and events for groups of friends, family and workmates.
- Opening times & pricesCheck out our opening times and all the prices.
- Competitions At The DepotRegular competitions take place throughout the year. Check here for the latest information.
- About The DepotGet more information about the Depot and find out how to get in touch.